Please join us January 25-January 27, 2013 for a Ballroom Dancing Weekend at the beautiful Stonewall Resort, West Virginia in Roanoke, West Virginia (Yes, that’s Roanoke, West Virginia, not Roanoke, Virginia!). Stonewall Resort is located at 940 Resort Drive, Roanoke, West Virginia, 26447. Please call Stonewall at 888-278-8150 to reserve your spot for this weekend today. (A limited number of spaces are available for this weekend.) The price for the Ballroom Dancing package is $349.99/double occupancy (plus 12% tax) for the weekend. There is no single occupancy rate as this weekend is designed for people who come to the weekend with a dance partner. The rate includes a $14 resort fee plus the following benefits: (a) two nights of accommodations in one room for two people, (b) participation in all ballroom dancing instruction and two dances for two people, (c) Breakfast for two at Stillwater’s Kiosk on Saturday and Sunday mornings, (d) use of kayaks, canoes, paddleboats, life jackets, bicycles, Little Sorrel boat cruise, all fitness center workout equipment including indoor/outdoor pool, hot tub, steam room and sauna; fire pit; all recreational game equipment including horseshoes, corn hole, volleyball and more, (weather and season permitting) (e) Free access to high speed wired and wireless Internet, (f) Use of the Business Center.
More information about the weekend, including whether each class is geared toward beginning or intermediate dancers, is noted below. More information about Stonewall Resort is located at www.stonewallresort.com
As mentioned above, our Ballroom Dancing weekend will include two dances and multiple workshops. The following is the itinerary for the weekend:
Schedule for Ballroom and Latin Dance Weekend at Stonewall Resort on January 25, 26, and 27, 2012
Friday, January 25, 2013
6:00-6:30 p.m. Check in for class in the Stonewall Ballroom, located in the Main Lodge
6:30-7:00 p.m. Complete Beginners Technique Workshop
7:00-7:45 p.m. TBA Dance Workshop
7:45-8:00 p.m. Break
8:00-8:45 p.m. Choose ONE of the following:
(a) For Beginning Dancers: Dance Practice TimeRe: TBA Dance in the Birch Room
(b) For Intermediate Dancers: Intermediate TBA Dance in the Stonewall Ballroom
8:45-9:00 p.m. Break
9:00-11:00 p.m. Ballroom and Latin Dance with WV Dance, Inc. as
the Deejay. Cash Bar Available.
Saturday, January 26, 2013
7:00-10:00 a.m. Breakfast (Included in Package).
10:00-11:00 a.m. Beginners TBA Dance Lessons in the Stonewall Ballroom
11:00-11:10 a.m Break and Practice Time
11:10-12:00 p.m. Choose ONE of the two following sessions:
(a) For Beginning Dancers: Practice Time in the Birch Room Re: TBA Dance
(b) For Intermediate Dancers: TBA Dance Two Step Lessons in the Stonewall Ballroom
12:00-1:30 p.m. Lunch (Not Included in Package)
1:30-2:45 p.m. Beginning and Intermediate TBA Dance in the Stonewall Ballroom
2:45-3:00 p.m. Choose ONE of the two following sessions:
(a) Recap of lessons taught in the Stonewall Ballroom
(b) Practice Time in the Birch Room re: TBA Dance
3:00-6:00 p.m. Enjoy the Resort’s amenities (See notes below for
when these activities are available throughout the
6:00 p.m.-8:30 a.m. Dinner (Not included in Package) (Stonewall
suggests that you make reservations if you wish to
eat in Stillwaters Restaurant for dinner)
8:30 p.m.-10:30 p.m. Ballroom and Latin Dance with WV Dance as the
DJ. Cash Bar available.
Sunday, January 27, 2013
7:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Breakfast (Included in your package).
12 noon. Checkout. However, if you wish, you may add on
extra room nights to your package.
(1) Beginners Classes are designed for those people who are either complete beginners, who have not danced very much, or who wish to brush up on their basic skills. While intermediate and advanced dancers are not discouraged from attending the beginners classes, please realize that we will be going over very basic information in those classes.
(2) Intermediate classes are designed for those people who have a fairly significant amount of dance experience. While beginning dancers are not discouraged from attending these intermediate workshops, please be advised that we will be moving fairly quickly in these workshops and if you are a beginning dancer you may feel a bit overwhelmed by the pace. Therefore, if you wish, you are encouraged to attend the beginners practice sessions that will be held during the time that the intermediate classes are being held.
(3) All dance lessons and dances for this weekend will take place in the Stonewall Ballroom and/or the Birch Room. Both of these rooms are located in the main lodge at Stonewall.
(4) The address for Stonewall Resort is 940 Resort Drive, Roanoke, West Virginia, 26447. You may make reservations for the ballroom dancing weekend at Stonewall by calling them directly at 888-278-8150 or by making reservations online at: www.stonewallresort.com/wv_deals/ballroom-dancing-2012. You may also wish to visit Stonewall’s website at www.stonewallresort.com to learn more about what amenities that Stonewall has to offer.
(5) Stonewall serves meals in its Stillwaters Restaurant at the following times: Breakfast: 7-10:30 a.m., Lunch: 11-3 p.m. Dinner: 5-9 p.m. Lunch and Dinner are also available in the TJ Muskies restaurant / bar area which is across from Stillwaters. Both restaurants are located on the bottom floor of the main lodge. Reservations are recommended for Stillwaters Restaurant, especially for dinner; you may make reservations for the Restaurant by calling 304-269-8880 . The Stillwaters Breakfast Kiosk for two people on Saturday and Sunday morning are included in your package. No other meals are included in your package.
(6) Each package includes the following benefits: (a) two nights of accommodations, (b) participation in all ballroom dancing instruction, practice time, and two dances, (c) Breakfast for two at Stillwater’s Kiosk on Saturday and Sunday mornings, (d) use of kayaks, canoes, paddleboats, life jackets, bicycles, Little Sorrel boat cruise, all fitness center workout equipment including indoor swimming pool, indoor hot tub, steam room and sauna; all recreational game equipment including horseshoes, corn hole, volleyball and more (weather permitting), (e) Free access to high speed wired and wireless Internet, and (f) Free use of the Business Center. Kayaks, Canoes, and paddleboats can all be used at the resort starting March 31.
(7) There is no dress code for the weekend. You may wear whatever you wish to wear for both the dance classes as well as the dances themselves. However, we do suggest you wear leather or suede soled shoes to facilitate movement on the dance floor. We suggest that you not wear rubber soled shoes such as tennis shoes.
(8) Stonewall Resort features an excellent spa called the Mountain Laurel Spa. Spa Services are not included in the package price; however, you may wish to independently book certain spa services that you can enjoy in addition to your ballroom dancing weekend activities at Stonewall Resort by contacting the Spa at 304-269-8881 .
(9) You can golf at Stonewall resort between March 31 and December 14. Please contact the Golf Pro Shop at 304-269-8885 , or make reservations online at www.stonewallresort.com, if you wish to golf at Stonewall during those times and while you are visiting Stonewall during our ballroom dancing weekend.
(10) For those of you interested in taking a cruise on Stonewall Lake, be sure to book an excursion on the Little Sorrel, Stonewall’s 75 foot, 100 passenger excursion boat – the only vessel of its kind in West Virginia. (available in season, only). The season for this starts in April.