Ballroom Dance hosted by Dick Newman
February 14, 2019
Barboursville Community Center (next to the Senior Center) 721 Central Ave. Barboursville, WV
Will be playing your favorites and a lot of the great love songs.
Comfortable dress and we will have light hors d’oeuvres.
Lighted parking and an entrance in the rear of the building.
Dick Newman Music Host
$15 per person
Feb 15, 2019
CW Senior Center 22 S Trine St. Canal Winchester, Ohio
Dancing – Photo Booth – Light Refreshments – Door Prizes – Dress Casual Attire
Professional DJ Services Provided by Councilman Mike Walker, DJ, Owner of Mastermix DJ
Free. RSVP by Feb 8. Sign up at the center, on Facebook or Call 614-837-8276
Click on the link to download the flyer
I just found out about another Dance Club in Barboursville, WV – about 1 1/2 hours from MOV.
They have a Facebook Page that you can find under Ballroom Dancing Huntington, WV.
Here is the letter I received:
Dear Member and Prospective Member,
Often I have questions about our Dance Club.
We are really unique in that we have no initiation fee or dues. To be a member all you need to do is come to our dances. We have members who have been coming for 25 years. Granted we are all getting older, but we are blessed that we are still carrying on.
We have monthly dances, light hors d’oeuvres, coffee and soft drinks . This is an excellent time for a date night.
Feel free to call on me for any dance or music question you may have.
We can also schedule you for free practice time.
Hope to see you on the dance floor this year.
Just a word to our Shag and Bossa Nova friends: we have a great tune selection just waiting for your steps. We have also added some red hot Boogie movers.
Our first dance for the new year will be January 18th and the next will be our Valentine dance on February 14th.
Our dances are held at the Barboursville WV Community Center.
I’ll be providing E-mail and Facebook notices about our dances.
Our dances are in Barboursville, WV at 7 p.m. once each month. Please contact me for the next dance. Please come and enjoy your dancing. Dick Newman is the Music Host with continuous dance recordings. DNBL@msn.com.
Perfect for beginners, experienced dancers and everyone in between, this package is a great way to shake off the winter blues! Our workshop will include a day full of sessions with expert instruction focusing on Swing, Rumba, Cha Cha, Foxtrot, Waltz and Tango. You’ll have a choice of beginner or intermediate skill level sessions during the event to ensure a fun-filled experience. The event will culminate with a fantastic Ballroom Dance on Saturday evening! The full weekend agenda is available below.
This delightful 2-night package starts at just $299/couple and includes:
- Overnight Lodge Accommodations for Friday and Saturday Night
- Multiple Beginner and Intermediate Dance Lessons on Saturday
- A Ballroom Dance with DJ on Saturday Night
FRIDAY, JANUARY 18, 2019
- Arrive at the resort. Check in starts at 4pm.
- Tour the grounds, enjoy dinner in Stillwaters or TJ Muskies (not included in package price), enjoy the heated pool and hot tubs or schedule a spa service (advance reservations recommended).
SATURDAY, JANUARY 19, 2019
- Breakfast on your own (not included in package)
- 8:15a – 9:00a – Full Group Welcome & Basic Partnering
- 9:15a – 10:30a – Choose ONE of the two following sessions:
- A – Beginner Rhythm Dances (part 1 Rumba & Cha Cha)
- B – Intermediate Smooth Dances (part 1 Foxtrot & Waltz)
- 10:45a – 12:00p – Choose ONE of the two following sessions:
- A – Intermediate Rhythm Dances (part 1 Rumba & Cha Cha)
- B – Beginner Smooth Dances (part 1 Foxtrot & Waltz)
- 12:00p – 1:30p – Lunch on your own (not included in package)
- 1:45p – 3:00p – Choose ONE of the two following sessions:
- A – Beginner Rhythm Dances (part 2 Cha Cha & Swing)
- B – Intermediate Smooth Dances (part 2 Waltz & Tango)
- 3:15p – 4:30p – Choose ONE of the two following sessions:
- A – Intermediate Rhythm Dances (part 2 Cha Cha & Swing)
- B – Beginner Smooth Dances (part 2 Waltz & Tango)
- 4:30p – Free Time to Enjoy the Resort, Have Dinner, Prepare for the Evening
- 8:00p – 11:00p – Dance in the Stonewall Ballroom with Showcase(s). Cash bar available.
SUNDAY, JANUARY 20, 2019
- Breakfast on your own (not included in package)
- Enjoy a leisure stroll around the resort or a relaxing spa service in Mtn. Laurel Spa
- Departure at your leisure. Check out is at 11am.
(1) Beginners Classes are designed for those people who are either complete beginners, who have not danced very much, or who wish to brush up on their basic skills. While intermediate and advanced dancers are not discouraged from attending the beginner’s classes, please realize that we will be going over very basic information in those classes.
(2) Intermediate classes are designed for those people who have a fairly significant amount of dance experience. While beginning dancers are not discouraged from attending these intermediate workshops, please be advised that we will be moving fairly quickly in these workshops and if you are a beginning dancer you may feel a bit overwhelmed by the pace. Therefore, if you wish, you are encouraged to attend the beginner’s practice sessions that will be held during the time that the intermediate classes are being held.
Based on double occupancy and availability. Rate does not include tax, resort fee or park enhancement fee.